Electrical emergencies and accidents are not unfortunate, they are quite realistic to occur at any time and any place. It may take some time for the repair person to land up at your place as soon as the emergency strikes, but you can do your part to either alleviate the further damage caused by the emergency or to keep the electricity functioning on a temporary basis until the repair is done. But do be careful while handling any appliance or electrical component and do not touch or go for any self – repair until you are not fully sure. If you want to do it and you are a careful person, then these are the following stuff you can do in times of an electrical emergency:
- If the fault is concerning any shock or spark from the socket, make sure to disconnect the appliance connected from that socket and switch it off immediately. Do also ensure that while doing this, you are wearing rubber sandals because they help cut the electricity flow into your body. Do not connect to the socket again until the electrician arrives.
- If you see that the brightness of the bulbs continuously varies to brighter and darker levels, then switch off the mains immediately. These fluctuations to voltages could be extremely dangerous to your phones, laptops, microwaves etc as they can spoil the batteries and other electrical components almost instantly.
- When you are operating your microwave, make sure that you are monitoring it. A microwave is such an electrical appliance like the hot water systems; that consumes a lot of electricity. Many electrical accidents happen due to the microwave so it is safe to not leave it to operate alone. If anything happens, call an emergency electrician Miranda.
- Make sure that you do not leave any water or moisture content near an extension board, switch or electrical appliance. Even traces of water when going inside switches can cause a short – circuit and burn your appliance away. Also, to ensure that you do not touch any of the switches with wet hands.
- Sometimes, the bathroom showers and taps might show up a shock as you touch them. At this moment, immediately turn them off and call the electrician and do not use them until the repair is done. This usually occurs because of the fault with the grounding and in these cases, even the water might result in a shock.
- Ensure that all your electrical components are properly maintained and even if there are no issues, conduct regular checks through an electric person. Always go for high-quality replacement or components when you need to buy one and do not look for the price. Check this link https://kirinelectrical.com.au/ to find out more details.